Treasuries are simply a collection of items from other shops that you like and want to promote. Often treasury games are posted on team discussion pages and encourage you to promote your team member’s items.
The benefit to you is that many times those shop owners will promote your items and create a treasury which includes your items.
**Open two windows for your Etsy shop. To learn how to do this, go to this post:
When all of the treasury spots have been filled with shops, then follow these steps.
1. In the first window, click this link: https://www.etsy.com/?ref=si_home or go to the Etsy main page after you log into your account. You can do this by finding the Etsy logo in the top left corner. It is the bright orange box in the top left corner. Click on the orange box.
2. Now you are at the main page. Go to the list of menu options on the left hand corner. Go all the way down until you are at the bottom menu box. There is a title which says, “More Ways to Shop” in black lettering. Find the word “Treasury.” It is the 4th word in that box. (Tip: Any time words are highlighted in blue on Etsy, you can click on those words and it will take you to that section.)
3. Now you are on the treasury page. Go to the right hand side and click, “Create a Treasury” under Curator Tools. (Definition: You are the curator.)
4. You are now at a blank treasury page. This is for you to fill the empty spots with other shop member’s items. You can refer to the post listed at this link: https://www.etsy.com/teams/19252/promote-my-store/discuss/14595133/page/1.
5. In the second window, you will navigate between the list on your team page and the blank treasury. Use the list of members who signed up for the promotion game to create your treasury. This is a copy of our list. I am going to use the first 8 members to create my treasury and then I am going to choose 8 other items from anywhere to finish the treasury.
6. Click on the first shop owner’s web address to click on their shop. I usually look at the items and either choose a color theme or an item I like for inspiration. Click on the item you like. I like this particular item:
Go to the very top of the page and find the web address (url). Click anywhere on the address. This will highlight the address. Using the mouse or buttons on your laptop, use the right button and click again. A white drop down menu will appear. Click on the word, “Copy.”
This is my treasury that I made for the purpose of this blog post:
7. Go back to the first window for the blank treasury form. Place your cursor in one of the boxes which says, “LISTING URL.” Right click in the box. The drop down menu will appear again. Click on the word, “Paste.” The item you picked will appear in the box. Click the word, “ok.” The item will appear in the box.
8. In the first box, go back to your team’s discussion page for the list of members participating in the game. https://www.etsy.com/teams/19252/promote-my-store/discuss/14595133/page/2
9. Repeat steps 5-8 until you filled in the first eight boxes. I am skipping my shop as it is in the first 8 shops of the list. The theme I am creating is yellow, blue, and green.
10. For the next 8 items, go to the first window. In the main search bar, search any word you want to find items for your treasury. For instance, I typed in “blue” and thousands of items turned up. Click on an item you like which blends well with your theme. Repeat steps 6-8 until the last 8 boxes are filled.
11. Go to the title box on the treasury form and add a title. You can add a message if you want to do so.
12. In the tags box, add your team tag (ex: pmt, avidteam, 123team). Then add other descriptive words to help customers find your items.
13. You can arrange your items by clicking and holding the button down to drag it to another box. Always keep your team members in the first 8 boxes.
14. Find the blue “save” button under the pictures. Click save. Always, always save!
15. Now you need to notify members that they are included in your treasury. Copy the web address of your treasury first. Then click on the first item. Click on the ask a question button just above the “add to cart” button on the right side of the page. A message box will appear. Paste the web address of your treasury to the message box. Add a personal message. This is an example of my message:
Your item is featured in my latest treasury. Enjoy!
You can copy your first message and paste it to the other notification messages you send. Click the send button.
16. Go back to your treasury page and repeat step 15 until all the shops have been notified.
17. Go back to your treasury and favorite each item. You can promote it further by adding it to your Pinterest Board or Facebook page.